Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Inground Spa Water Level Dropping

Inground Spa Water Level Dropping

I just moved into a new home with an inground spa. It has been losing water when I fill it to full capacity. When I let it "leak" all the water it can, it usually stops around the upper part of a jet (see picture). This leads me to believe it is not the jets. I turned all the pumps off and it still loses water (~1"/day) to the point shown. This leads me to believe it's not the plumbing system, per say. I placed a bucket of water out there also (I live in FL) and the spa loses water quicker than the bucket of water evaporates. Can anyone please give me some advice?

Re: Inground Spa Water Level Dropping

Welcome to TFP!

Is this spa connected to a pool? If so, how does the level the spa drains down to relate to the water level in the pool?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Thanks, the spa is independent and not connected to any pool.

I had the same issue when they had plastered my pool and the leaks were around the jets. They chipped out the plaster around the jets and re-plastered. Haven't had a leak since.
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit