Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Inground Spa Water Level Dropping

Inground Spa Water Level Dropping

I just moved into a new home with an inground spa. It has been losing water when I fill it to full capacity. When I let it "leak" all the water it can, it usually stops around the upper part of a jet (see picture). This leads me to believe it is not the jets. I turned all the pumps off and it still loses water (~1"/day) to the point shown. This leads me to believe it's not the plumbing system, per say. I placed a bucket of water out there also (I live in FL) and the spa loses water quicker than the bucket of water evaporates. Can anyone please give me some advice?

Re: Inground Spa Water Level Dropping

Welcome to TFP!

Is this spa connected to a pool? If so, how does the level the spa drains down to relate to the water level in the pool?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Thanks, the spa is independent and not connected to any pool.

I had the same issue when they had plastered my pool and the leaks were around the jets. They chipped out the plaster around the jets and re-plastered. Haven't had a leak since.
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit