Maintaing FC level when out of town

Jul 17, 2011
Canton, MI
I travel a lot for work (usually gone 4 days/week). I have just switched to the BBB method to keep my pool clear, but my work schedule doesn't allow me to add bleach every day or even every other day. I'm in the process of figuring out how much FC/day is lost during a hot sunny day (i'm guessing 2-3ppm/day). Any suggestions on how to maintain the proper FC level so my pool won't be green when I return from work? I'd like to avoid using tabs/pucks because my CYA is 48 which is roughly the high limit of the normal range. I don't have anybody that can add bleach for me when I'm gone. I do have a solar cover that I don't use very much, but I can start if it will help maintain FC level when I'm gone. Thanks for any help!!

If you can't add bleach manually "even every other day," then an automated solution like an SWG or the Liquidator would probably be worth looking at. If the solar cover is opaque, then it would probably help too, but maybe not enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.