I wish I had found this forum before I got started with all this.
My question is this: Where do I go from here?
My predicament: I have a 15' x 3.5 foot Intex-style easy-set pool. It's actually an Easy Pool, but the name is deceiving. I tried to hook up an Intex SWG system to the pool and it seemed to be working fine. Every test at Leslie's Pool said my water was good to go.
A few weeks ago one of the hoses sprung a leak and the pump emptied half of the pool. I replaced the hose, but it wouldn't fit the SWG pump, so I had to bypass it for a week while I manufactured an adaptor. I refilled the pool from the water hose and everything was fine, or so I thought. This past Saturday night we got into the pool and found a white slimy substance all over the pool, floating freely. There was no way to get it out as it seemed to be replicating before our eyes.
I think it might be white water mold, but some descriptions are confusing. My local pool company really wasn't any help.
Since then I have added 3 pounds of shock, some algaecide, and salt. I also have the SWG going for 12 hours at a time.
After I did all that I found this forum.
What is the best next step? Should I stick with the SWG or go to the BBB method? Which will get rid of this stuff the quickest and best way? It's triple digit weather here in OK so I really need my pool.
Am I on the right track or do I need to drop back and punt?
Thanks for any suggestions.