Pool circulators?.....

One of the Amazon reviews:

"The Circulator was eliminated cloudy pool water an algae for the past 3 years. I have never had one problem with the circulator. I have saved 1/3 of my pool electric bill and 1/3 of my chemicals. The Circulator has raised my pool temeperature 12 degrees which has extended my pool season. The circulator has been the Best investment for my pool. The circulator is a major must for every pool owner. "

Two reviews were good, this one in particular refers to the product as "The Circulator". And the language is... um... suspect. The other good review claims this product clears algae. Hmmmm...

Everyone else hated it.

yea I checked a few other sites selling them and I had some more mixed reviews.

I'm new to owning a pool so I really can't make an educated guess as to if it is junk or not.
I just wonder how effective it is in shooting the water in all directions; wouldn't you loose a lot of pressure in the function of it spinning....

I think for that much money I'll keep what I have until I see some reliable information.

The Circulator is a great solution for a problem that very few people have. If your circulation is very bad, and figuring out how to aim your return fitting to get good circulation is beyond your abilities, the circulator can help. Since aiming the return correctly isn't especially difficult, and only needs to be done once a year, there is little benefit to a device that eliminates the need to aim the return at all.

I tried them. Very good phone support to help with installation.
I works and does improve circulation. I'm not sure why one would need to improve circulation though.
Eventually I removed it as it was more important to have my return pointed to the surface to improve my skimming pattern.

It works, just don't see the point.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.