Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool circulators?.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool circulators?..... ... B0037TQE60

Has anyone tried these before? Are they any good?

I've read a few customer comments and they are both sides of the extreme; from greatest thing since sliced bread to the worst and cheapest thing ever made.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Portland, Oregon

Re: Pool circulators?.....

One of the Amazon reviews:

"The Circulator was eliminated cloudy pool water an algae for the past 3 years. I have never had one problem with the circulator. I have saved 1/3 of my pool electric bill and 1/3 of my chemicals. The Circulator has raised my pool temeperature 12 degrees which has extended my pool season. The circulator has been the Best investment for my pool. The circulator is a major must for every pool owner. "

Two reviews were good, this one in particular refers to the product as "The Circulator". And the language is... um... suspect. The other good review claims this product clears algae. Hmmmm...

Everyone else hated it.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

yea I checked a few other sites selling them and I had some more mixed reviews.

I'm new to owning a pool so I really can't make an educated guess as to if it is junk or not.
    I just wonder how effective it is in shooting the water in all directions; wouldn't you loose a lot of pressure in the function of it spinning....

I think for that much money I'll keep what I have until I see some reliable information.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Silver Spring, MD

The Circulator is a great solution for a problem that very few people have. If your circulation is very bad, and figuring out how to aim your return fitting to get good circulation is beyond your abilities, the circulator can help. Since aiming the return correctly isn't especially difficult, and only needs to be done once a year, there is little benefit to a device that eliminates the need to aim the return at all.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

The Woodlands, Texas, USA

I tried them. Very good phone support to help with installation.
    I works and does improve circulation. I'm not sure why one would need to improve circulation though.
    Eventually I removed it as it was more important to have my return pointed to the surface to improve my skimming pattern.

It works, just don't see the point.
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.

6. Back To Top    #6
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Who wants a blood red pool?

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

ok, thanks guys.
    I actually have really good circulation in my pool so I don't think I'll be needing them.

I was just a little bit curious.