I have been continually fighting algae in my pool. I shock and pass the OTC and then in a week the algae is back. I just noticed that in the support tube for my ladder in the pool, it is bright green. I then inspected the tiny holes in each step and they too are bright green. Now I am taking the ladder out of the pool and need to kill the algae in it. My thought is to take it apart and sok it in the bathtub in a solution of clorox. Any ideas on how much bleach and how long do I need to soak it? Also my husband suggested that he drill larger holes in each step to help keep the water circulated . Also larger holes in the sup[ports. What do you think? Has anyone else found this to be an issue? Maybe I am wrong and that is not causing my problem but it is certainly bright green even after shocking for 3 days to get the pool clear.