jerry rig leg supports

katz

Jul 24, 2011
Southern WV
I'm new to this site & a 1st time pool owner that's having some problems...check my other topic for photos...

Has anyone ever "jerry rigged" a AG pool leg support(s) and its worked?? Would it be possible to rigged a wooden support brace using 2X4's 2X6's landscaping timbers etc?~~ it will only be temporary

Something like the side supports on oval pools...

Attachments

• oval above ground pool.jpg
    oval above ground pool.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 186
Careful man, your dealing with how much weight? 60 or 70 thousand pounds of water?
I don't think the concept of "jerry-rigging" and "pool legs" go very well together, ultimately you need to determine the source of the problem and rectify properly.

I appreciate the limited water perspective but if your "jerry-rigged" pool suffers a catastrophic failure you could be endangering peoples lives, and/or property.

Will children be using this pool?

cramar said:
Careful man, your dealing with how much weight? 60 or 70 thousand pounds of water?
I don't think the concept of "jerry-rigging" and "pool legs" go very well together, ultimately you need to determine the source of the problem and rectify properly.

I appreciate the limited water perspective but if your "jerry-rigged" pool suffers a catastrophic failure you could be endangering peoples lives, and/or property.

Will children be using this pool?

Thanks for your response....

I live on a 40-acre farm in the middle of nowhere. No children, pets, neighbors or structures would be damaged IF pool were to collapse. The only damage might be a hedgerow.

Sorry I'm limited on time at the moment......Please check my other thread "Newbie needs help ASAP" for more details & photos..

There's something to be said for the way an Intex pool flexes as swimmers swim. I would not brace the legs over attempting to pack hard dirt and sand around the pool and trying to lift the leg into place. Even if you can't get it perfect, it would be better.

I would not want to go through the side of a collapsed pool personally. At minimum one would get scratched up, but likely more severe injury would occur.

I did check out your other posts, I'm certainly no expert on the matter but I just don't think your gonna find alot of support for some kind of temporary leg bracing to aid in withstanding that much weight/force. Not to mention the added force exerted when jumping in or swimming around.
The legs on the ovals are a bracing system and I really can't see replicating that on your model of pool.

If that thing failed and you were in it, one of those pavers at the base of you pool could slam you in the head as you both get washed out. Personally I wouldn't trivialize being in a pool it if collapsed.

I appreciate your dilemma, but it really needs to be fixed properly, in my opinion. Does the nearest town have a business, or fire dept, that will fill the pool for a fee?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.