So over the course of the weekend the pool became somewhat cloudy. Could still see the bottom but I had the feeling I was looking through glass that was not clear.
So I did the OCLT:
So since my CYA level is between 60-70, I brought my FC levels up to 28 on Monday morning. Testing through out the day found me adding about 2 cups 6% bleach every 2-3 hours. Brushed the pool twice and vacuumed in the evening. The water cleared up significantly in the first 4 hours of shocking.
Now on to last night's test and my question:
Tuesday (today) 6AM
We had a little shower last night. Would that rain affect my FC values? I seriously doubt it was more than 0.5 inch, but just wondering. We don't get much rain here, except this time of year the monsoon, so I haven't had the chance to observe how the rain would affect FC.
Why in the world did my chlorine loss go UP the second night. I'm not seeing any algae per se. Just had that cloudy appearance to the water. I assumed my chlorine loss would go down the second night, unless it has something to do with being at shock value the second night? So there was more free chlorine available to fight whatever it is?