Installing Circupool RJ-45

JCJR

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2007
Miami
I'm thinking of purchasing this unit and read the installation part of the manual (Self install) and it stated to plumb the cell after the filter and solar and that the cell needed to be 6' from the panel (cord is 6' long). My pad is very cramped and the only place I have is right after the pump and before the filter and solar.

Is this a deal breaker. I do have a 10 inch section of pipe after the solar that goes to a 90 and another 4" of pipe before going to the return valves. I thought I can install the cell on a diagonal but it farther than 6 ' from my wall.

Any suggestions?

You can not put the SWG before the filter. That would allow hydrogen gas to accumulate in the filter and could easily lead to an explosion.

The cell cord isn't all that long. You need to put the control box close enough that the cell cord will reach.

When I installed the RJ-30, I found the manual worthless. I relied on this guide:
http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_ ... rator.aspx

Perhaps the manuals are different but in the RJ-30 manual (page 4) the instruction are to mount the control panel 3' from the ground, 10' from the edge of the pool, preferably horizontal, and close enough that the 6' cord can reach the cell. Nothing is mentioned about a minimum of 6' between the cell and the control panel. In either case, my cell is about 2' from the control panel and all is well.

RJ Series manual:
http://www.discountsaltpool.com/CircuPool_Manual(web).pdf

gpgyo said:
...Nothing is mentioned about a minimum of 6' between the cell and the control panel. In either case, my cell is about 2' from the control panel and all is well.

I think the cable that goes from the controller to the cell is 6' long. Is that the case with yours?

Also, does the design of the CompuPool and CircuPool affect water flow?

I notice that all the water flowing to the SWG takes a hard 90 turn going up into the unit, makes another 90 turn through the unit, then another 90 turn to exit the unit and then one last 90 to go to the the return. Other units have a straight path.

Has anyone had issues with this, my flow rate is slow as it is. Would this design fit with my setup?

The cable from my controller to the cell is probably 6' long, I didn't measure it. The power cable that's wired into my timer was pretty long, too, but I cut it to size since the end was just wires. I didn't want to cut the cable to the cell so I just put a few coils in it just below the control unit and tucked it behind the power cable.

I didn't notice any flow loss but I don't have a way to measure. The cell is pretty wide, though. Much wider than the PVC pipe. Perhaps someone else here can comment on what affect the turns will have.

I saw thel cable on a website and one end is molded and the other end is just bare wires, can I extend the length of the cable without damiging the unit? 6' is not going to cut it. THe website listed the 15' cable for $93.

Has anyone extended their cable?

JCJR said:
I saw thel cable on a website and one end is molded and the other end is just bare wires, can I extend the length of the cable without damiging the unit? 6' is not going to cut it. THe website listed the 15' cable for $93.

Has anyone extended their cable?

Extending the cell cable is a question probably better asked of Circupool. Before ordering my unit from Discount Salt Pool I called with a few questions and the person I spoke with was knowledgable. You might try giving them a call is you want an answer ASAP.

My pad is directly behind my garage so I was able to mount the control unit to the back of my garage, conveniently located next to my timer and the return to the pool. If your pad is not close enough to something you can mount the control unit to and you wanted to avoid modifying the cable, consider installing a steel post next to your pad for this purpose. If you go this route, you will probably have to secure the post in cement, the control unit is quite heavy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.