Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let the build begin...

1. Back To Top    #1

Let the build begin...

After design and redesign we finally broke ground on the outdoor kitchen. More pics as progress continues

Day 1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    14,000 gallon IG plaster pool, Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Let the build begin...

Are you going to be able to get to that fencing when you need to replace it? Looks awful close!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Let the build begin...

Yes. It will come off that brick column straight out and you will sit with your back to the fence.

4. Back To Top    #4

Let the build begin...

Slab is in.. Framing tomorrow

5. Back To Top    #5

Let the build begin...

The frame arrived this morning

6. Back To Top    #6

Let the build begin...

One more

7. Back To Top    #7

Let the build begin...

More

8. Back To Top    #8

Stone started

9. Back To Top    #9

You are jammin'. My guys are only 1/2 way through the stucco...
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

10. Back To Top    #10

Looking good so far
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks great - you are really flying. Wondering, what frig is that and what is the stone you are using? Did you know how to work with it before or just learned it as you went?
    17,000 Freeform IG Gunite,Gray Plaster,Tanning Ledge, 8f tRaised Spa with 8 jets, Jandy Aquapure Salt System,

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by chris_r11
    Looks great - you are really flying. Wondering, what frig is that and what is the stone you are using? Did you know how to work with it before or just learned it as you went?
    The fridge is a frigidaire from Lowe's. I took the freezer compartment out for more room and have not had any issues with it freezing the entire unit over the past week. The stone is a stacked limestone that is 4 rows high and about 18 inches long. I wish I could take credit for putting uit on but the guy doing the build actually found it.

13. Back To Top    #13

Finally made it home and was able to get some pics with my good camera

14. Back To Top    #14

So I have run into an issue... The tile for the top isn't going to look good with the chiseled limestone since it's not uniformly even along the edge so my options are granite or travertine...

What would you choose?

15. Back To Top    #15

Granite, hands down. Or at least something that they call granite. Why? Travertine naturally is mostly air, then it has filler put into the air gaps. It is very brittle, has to be sealed periodically... shall I go on? Granite, or anything they sell you as granite, is a very strong product. The reason I say "anything sold as granite" is some of it isn't granite at all, but ingeous or other type of rock. Our last countertop was ingeous stone with natural mica, it's called Black Galaxy if you want to look it up. Anyway, I've built with both, travertine is best used on bathroom walls, not on anything you'll ever impact such as a floor or countertop. That's my 2 cents, and I don't give refunds.

I have a question for you, was the frame a kit or did you design it yourself? I have a few welders and related tools around here myself, never really considered making the skeleton for the kitchen out of square tubing. Now that I see it built, I see the advantage!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH
    I have a question for you, was the frame a kit or did you design it yourself? I have a few welders and related tools around here myself, never really considered making the skeleton for the kitchen out of square tubing. Now that I see it built, I see the advantage!
    RobbieH, my outdoor kitchen was built out of square steel tubing and the manufacturer claims it to be the strongest one out there.

thabeeser, looking great so far. I wanted to build my own, however I ended up buying one already built. Out top is slate and so far we love it.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH

The frame was designed by the builder and built at his shop. Out of the 5 builders I talked to only 2 used square tubing which is what I decided would be best for my build. One advantage I see already is the inside storage area is greater than it would be with cinder blocks.

I got a sample of the travertine and it is 1.5 inches thick with a very nice finish but based on the circle top I am going to use granite. I think it will be a much cleaner fit and finish.

18. Back To Top    #18

Everything is done except the electrical..Granite is awesome

19. Back To Top    #19

good job

20. Back To Top    #20

Looks great! Fire up the pit. lets eat
    12,000 Gallon inc spa, Gunite, 400,000 BTU, zodiac cleaner, SWG, cartridge filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast