Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how is my pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

how is my pool.

I am new to the pool scene... about a month now. I have been useing the BBB method. Great site, I am learning a lot. I have a crystal clear pool. My wife seems to think it is slimy here or there. But... I read some threads of the slimy issue. So i vac'd the pool to day and tested for CC and was zero. So here is my numbers...

FC - 5.5 i added to much chlorine before testing. Filter ran about an hour before testing
    CC - 0
    CYA - 30
    TA - 140
    PH - 7.8
    CH - 60

Temp about 84 deg. Should I try and lower my TA? or anything else need adjusting? Oh I am useing liquid chlorine 12.5% from pool store.
    Everyday is like vacation!!!
    24' x 4' pool, BBB method, the pool calculator

2. Back To Top    #2

Dallas, TX

Re: how is my pool.

You could lower your pH with muriatic acid. You don't have to go far, use to determine what will put you at about 7.5. I wouldn't say it's necessary though. Generally though, everything looks good to me!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: how is my pool.

Why don't you tell us? You live with it.

I used to see it all the time at work at my old job.
    "I want to know if my AC is working."
    "Does it blow cold?"
    "Then it's working."

When in doubt, more chlorine, more brushing.

I never even look at that chart in Pool School; I use Pool Calculator to check CSI, so I just use the recommendations there, and tend to maintain FC near the upper end of the range for a little insurance.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!