Flexible Schedule 40 PVC Pipe

Hotrod30

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Dec 22, 2007
Central New York
Flexible Schedule 40 PVC Pipe has a rating of 60 psi. Can it be used between the pump and the filter? I want to use 2 inch flex hose between the pump and the filter. I can't find the normal PVC clear hose in 2 inch, only in 1 1/2 inch and smaller sizes. Any suggestions. What do you use?

I already bought the pump. It is a Pentair IntelliFlo VF3050 pump with 2 inch inlet and outlet. I plan to get a new filter with the 2 inch valve.

Hey Hotrod, welcome to TFP :-D (thanks for answering my frozen tub post :goodjob: )

If I wanted to use flex, I'd get some 'Tigerflex' 2" pipe. Otherwise Id use rigid sch 40 2" pipe (I always use a 90 but 2 45's would reduce the head a little) Of course use unions on both ends, just in case... If you go with the flex pipe, make sure there is enough room so that it doesn't 'crimp' as that would obstruct the flow worse than a 90 :wink:

Plese let us know how the project progresses (we love to see pics) - Again, welcome here!!

Hotrod,

Flex will stand the pressure just fine. Over the years of reading the forums, it seems like flex installations cause a few more problems than ridgid PVC. I suspect that's because of semi-careless workmanship rather than any inherent problems with flex.

Ridgid PVC with unions is probably the most permanent installation you can do but, as you would expect, the most time-consuming installation as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.