Help.looking for eyeball jet with 1 1/4 inch thread

Jul 24, 2011
Used forum in the past, but just registered..
I have a 25yr old plus pool with 1 1/4 threaded return in the shallow in and looking for an eyeball jet. All the ones available are 1 1/2 threaded. Any ideas on how to add an eyeball with my older thread size? I see 4 screws(?) around the existing return. Can I replace the 1 1/4 with a 1 1/2? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the reply, Can you tell me the length of the 1 1/4 male thread and where I can order one? I have not been able to locate a threaded 1 1/4 male x 1 1/2 female threaded. The Home Depot plumbing guy provided a similar suggestion but he did not stock a threaded 1 1/2 female so we add some pipe between fittings. Even with his suggestion the 1 1/4 Male thread was too short for my deeply recessed return. Your adapter below appears to be the same length as the one I tried. I spoke with my local pool place and they suggested just using a 45 or 90 elbow and not try to use an eyeball. I have a 1 1/4 to 1 reducer so I will add the 1 inch 45 or 90 elbow and see how that goes. If your suggested adapter is long enough I will got that route. thanks again

I am not sure how long the threads are i have not actually seen one just knew they made such a thing so i found it on Amazon by searching for the following 1-1/2" Hub x 1-1/4" Male Threaded PVC Adapter but i bet you could find it at a plumbing supply store they usually have things that Lowe's or Home depot doesn't carry..But i am going to take a guess and say that if you have a deep recess the threads probably won't be long enough

I have this same problem. The trouble is, the 1-1/4" (female) threaded fitting on my concrete pool tank is only about 1/2" deep. Nobody seems to sell 1-1/4" male threaded return jets. A pool plaster guy I had by the house said I should cut holes in the tank to replace the fittings with modern ones.

Anybody have any info on a 1-1/4" threaded male jet that will save me from this onerous task? Thanks in advance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.