We have had very hot weather and last week we had a huge downpour which literally took my pool from ideal water level to about 2" above the skimmer box.
I was testing and maintaining b/t 5-7 ppm. Underneath the return jet for the main drain I noticed kind of a light green streak which I thought looked like a stain and being a newb, did nothing about it. Just tested and maintained.
On Friday I thought I had kind of a green tint in the deep end but wife and kids were out of town and I have colorblindness so I tested Cl, was at about 3ppm (40 CYA) so I bumped it up to 7. I should also mention I added water to the pool on this day because it had evaporated to the point I needed to.
I covered it Friday night and was very busy all day Saturday and did not test or even look at it.
Took the cover off today and had green on the liner in several places. I brushed it heavily which dispersed the algae and when I tested it I was at 3 ppm. I brought it up to approximately 20ppm, which is high relative to the prescribed shock level (13) but it was warm and sunny so I figured I would hit it hard and see what happened.
It has now been about 5 hours and I am at 16ppm with no CC but the deep end is still green with the suspended algae. We ran the vacuum and have brushed the halibut out of it.
So, basically I am still at shock levels and the pool is full shade. Will be dark in about 3 hours.
What should I do, folks? Am I good where I am at and let it go overnight or should I do something?
I figure it's now just a function of letting the filter do it's work overnight and test again first thing.
Please give me your thoughts and I will follow-up with any additional questions.