Dichlor - cjioesajkjvioeskjskloiukgje

Aug 13, 2010
St.Louis, MO
Here I am again, always trying to find the elusive Dichlor product in order to add CYA to the pool. My CYA current level should be at 23 (I still need to test) based on dichlor added about a week ago, and the chlorine is holding pretty good through the day, but wanted to have some more on-hand. I've searched the forums and I know that Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetirone and Sodium dichloroisocyanurate are the same thing. My last purchase was an AquaChem product that is no longer available. However the product I found today is 99% Sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate.
This is okay? Thanks once again.

GK said:
If you are looking for CYA (stabilizer) most Walmarts and pool stores have it at 100% strength.
Yep, you are correct and we like wallyworld CYA, too! But, the OP has a small pool and probably would only need about a cup or so per season. So they try to get the CYA along with the chlorine using dichlor. :wink:

Thanks everyone! I've never been able to find anything but cal-hypo products at Walmart around here. Straight CYA would be okay too, but haven't found that except at the pool store, which isn't always convenient. The last dichlor I found at K-Mart (which appears to be sold out for the season) so tonight I found it at Lowe's. I figured it was okay, but wasn't sure if "hydrate" at the end was significant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.