Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: easy touch 8 remote questions

1. Back To Top    #1

easy touch 8 remote questions

I'm shopping for remotes for my easy touch and have a couple of questions.

Near term I would like a
    QuickTouch 4 wireless remote to allow my kids and wife to turn on the waterfall, or turn the spa without having to open the main door of the load center.

Long term I'd like the following:
    easy touch 8 wireless control or maybe a wired controller
    QuickTouch 4 wireless remote

and in the future, maybe Santa will bring me a
    Pentair SpaCommand Spa-Side Remote Control with 150' Cable - White - 521178

my questions:
    - can all three be added?
    - does the QT4 and the easytouch 8 wireless share the same RF transceiver at the pad or are they separate?
    - The SpaCommand looks very new. any comments on it? http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/spacommandUG.pdf
    - wiring: do all wired remotes or transceivers get wired to the same Com Port (J20) on the load center? or is some expansion thing needed?

tnx
    Pool IG 16,000 gallon (33 x 16) Spa IG 700 gallon spa - Dark Plaster, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test
    Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS 3050, Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft DE 150 GPM (rating from manual)
    Pentair Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC40, Polaris 360, Lars Lx400 NatGas heater, Fafco Solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: easy touch 8 remote questions

Yes, all 3 can be added and to the same com port.

The Spa Command may require flashing the main panel so it knows what it is. The code itself is free but there may be a service charge for someone to come do it.

QT4 and the wireless indoor panel use different antennas.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you.

The short term need is for the QT4 to keep the kids away from the equipment pad, but I didn't want to have this be throwaway.

Dan
    Pool IG 16,000 gallon (33 x 16) Spa IG 700 gallon spa - Dark Plaster, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test
    Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS 3050, Pentair FNS Plus 60 sq ft DE 150 GPM (rating from manual)
    Pentair Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC40, Polaris 360, Lars Lx400 NatGas heater, Fafco Solar panels

4. Back To Top    #4

Careful. The QT4 is water resistant, not water proof.

I think the spa side controller is a safer 1st buy and more useful.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.