Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie needs help on AG ground purchase.

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie needs help on AG ground purchase.

Hello,

We just started the search and obviously I'm going to check out more places. But our local dealer who sells Atlantic Pools gave us a quote of $3795 for 27x52 round (infinity is the model which is steel). 60yr warranty but only 2 yr full.
    Includes liner,
    sta-rite sand filter 1HP (19 or 13"),
    2 ball valves w/connecting hoses,
    confer plastic ladder w/mat (model 7100)
    wide mouth skimmer
    lil shark automatic cleaner
    8-16' telescoping pole, skimmer net, test kit, thermometer
    pool frog w/1qt (3 month algae free guarantee)

Quoted us $3995 for the Resin model which has a 3 yr full warranty and comes with everything I listed above.

Here are my questions,
    Do these sound reasonable? This does NOT include installation.
    Resin or Steel? We're in Massachusetts.
    Should I think about ordering online and if so, should I be looking for everything in the package they're giving to us, or are there things I can omit?

Asked about deals and specials, and he said no because they don't stock the pools they just order, is there a better time to buy?

Thanks so much, ALL answers are appreciated!

Nicole

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie needs help on AG ground purchase.

Hi Nicole - Welcome to the forum. You don't need and you really don't want, the Pool Frog. Have them remove that from the package and give you a upgraded solar blanket instead, and a winter cover. I can't advise as to the pricing since it could be local, etc I think either Resin or Steel would be fine.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

We went to all the local AGP stores and found that the best thing to do is figure out exactly what you want, find a good local installer, and then go and order everything from national pool wholesalers website. We saved a bundle of money and got exactly what we wanted. Ours is all resin including the bottom track ( no rust problems ) it's a Trevi ultimate 24x52, 40 year warranty. 5 full. Anyway, I was very happy with my order. I also suggest for a 27' you get a 2 speed pump. And don't let the pool stores talk you into a cartridge filter. The sand filter does a fine job as long as you are running the pump long enough each day to circulate your water properly.
    24' by 52" all resin Trevi 222
    Armor shield and GLI aquarium liner
    Hayward aquatrol SWG
    Waterway 22 sand filter
    1.5 hp 2 speed pump
    Pool deck is done! (except for the deck texturized coating) :)

Hopefully, I can run this pool with out any professional and costly help this summer!

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh, and we ordered ours at the end of February, and the same pool right now is about 500 bucks more. So definitely the winter is a better time to order. Plus the installers are blown out with installs right now and probably would not be able to install your pool until at least mid august, so it might be worth it tissue until winter.
    24' by 52" all resin Trevi 222
    Armor shield and GLI aquarium liner
    Hayward aquatrol SWG
    Waterway 22 sand filter
    1.5 hp 2 speed pump
    Pool deck is done! (except for the deck texturized coating) :)

Hopefully, I can run this pool with out any professional and costly help this summer!