Online retailers, is there a good guys and bads guys list?

UPSguy

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Toledo, OH
Even though we are on our 3rd summer as pool owners I never got serious about it till we bought the 24 footer this year. Then, like everything I start studying I end up with lots of places saved in my favorites. One of them was Arthurspools. Seemed like they had everything and also a section on their website devoted to learning. After a little bit of further study I found they had all sorts of horror stories attached to them and a "F" BBB rating. After that I removed them from my list.

If this is allowed here (hope I'm not breaking any rules on my 1st post as a supporter) but what places have you all found to be the good ones to do business with?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Online retailers, is there a good guys and bads guys lis

The forum (mods, administrator and me) has really struggled with that idea the last couple of years and we are discussing policies to be fair to both suppliers and consumers....it isn't easy..

Joe Blow comes on and rants, " Don't ever buy a thing from Billy Bobs' organic pool liners!! They screwed me 100 times over"

Then, Joe Sixpack comes on and says, "I really like buying from Billy Bobs organic pool liners!! They were courteous, friendly and had great pricing. Which one do you post? Well, the obvious answer is both but then how much does that help the third guy?

Anyway, it's not an insurmountable problem but one where we haven't yet worked out a solution we all like. We'll keep working on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.