Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Online retailers, is there a good guys and bads guys list?

1. Back To Top    #1

Online retailers, is there a good guys and bads guys list?

Even though we are on our 3rd summer as pool owners I never got serious about it till we bought the 24 footer this year. Then, like everything I start studying I end up with lots of places saved in my favorites. One of them was Arthurspools. Seemed like they had everything and also a section on their website devoted to learning. After a little bit of further study I found they had all sorts of horror stories attached to them and a "F" BBB rating. After that I removed them from my list.

If this is allowed here (hope I'm not breaking any rules on my 1st post as a supporter) but what places have you all found to be the good ones to do business with?

Thanks in advance.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

24' x 52" Intex ultra frame pool (12,400 gallons) with seperate Intex 2500gph pump and SWG and 2 Intex magnetic pool lights.
    Looking to upgrade to 27-30' semi inground install

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Online retailers, is there a good guys and bads guys lis

poolsupplies.com..Order'd alot from them..Prices are pretty good..Service very good on the phone&online..
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Poolsupplyworld.com is good. They have low prices and fast shipping. Intheswim.com is also good.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

The forum (mods, administrator and me) has really struggled with that idea the last couple of years and we are discussing policies to be fair to both suppliers and consumers....it isn't easy..

Joe Blow comes on and rants, " Don't ever buy a thing from Billy Bobs' organic pool liners!! They screwed me 100 times over"

Then, Joe Sixpack comes on and says, "I really like buying from Billy Bobs organic pool liners!! They were courteous, friendly and had great pricing. Which one do you post? Well, the obvious answer is both but then how much does that help the third guy?

Anyway, it's not an insurmountable problem but one where we haven't yet worked out a solution we all like. We'll keep working on it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

My personal experience with a1poolparts.com has always been good. Since I can do will call pickup, that is a bonus for me.
    24,000gal IG gunnite pool+spillover spa, DE filter, IntelliFlo VS 3050
    EasyTouch 4 + IC40 SWCG, TF-100