Starting with BBB

As BF said we really need test results. Also how you're testing?
You may not need borax at all.
If your pool is clear and no algae, I'd start with 8 or 9 large jugs of bleach. You can buy more later as you need them. If your pool is cloudy and has an outbreak, I'd start with about 25 large jugs.

But, Bama does not mean to dump all those jugs in at once, he just means go buy some bleach now. Right?

We all use the Pool Calculator to determine how to get your pool from the place it is, to the place you want it to be. Knowing where it is now is required, so we need to get some good test data. The best test data comes from your own testing, not some hurried kid in the pool store. Do read Pool School and take notes in the section Test Kits Compared.

My pool was clear (or at least it appeared to be) when I first started with BBB. It was moderately clear, now it's actually clear! :mrgreen:

I didn't use anything besides bleach until I made a fountain to cool the water, now I'm using muriatic acid as well and if we have another week or so of using the fountain, the acid will lower my TA to the point of needing to use baking soda.

It all depends on what your pool needs and its current condition. I got off easy, but since my CYA is so high, I use quite a bit of bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.