Miami, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I posted another thread about my Navigator doing endless circles, and I continue to battle that one, but I have a bigger issue now with him barely having any suction and not climbing walls.
What I've done:
1) Replaced some hose segments that were kinked and added a couple more as I read somewhere here -- go with cleaner to farthest point, and add some additional hose so it can climb freely. I even added the header hose segment, which seems like just another but with a grey neck.
2) Used the pressure check clear plastic thingie (with min max) to check pressure at all segments of the hose. All fine, right in the middle between min and max.
3) Took apart the cleaner, and inspected all components. They looked fine with little wear.
4) Replaced shoes on pods.

So. I have good pressure at all hose segments, the black gear spins freely inside the cleaner, but yet he crawls along slowly and wont climb walls. He used to chug along pretty quick and would often get stuck at the water's edge sucking in air after climbing a wall.

Any suggestions? Anything else to try?

I had a similar issue with my navigator only making right turns and behaving sluggishly no matter what pressure setting was on intake. I did a inspection and could not see any worn parts or problems with the gearbox or other parts.
I took it to my nearest pool store (Leslies) for a diagnosis expecting to need replacements parts. They did a simple tune up and gave it back to me at no charge. The explanation they told me was that the drive mechanism to each side was not balanced due to a screw or adjuster loosening/wear and that simply the screws/adjusters had to be adjusted properly to balance them.

It worked great when put back in the pool. So whatever they did fixed my problem. It turns both directions again and climbs the walls like new.

you might try this if you have a similar pool store that sells navigator parts, they usually inspect and diagnose for free.

There is also a small plastic adjustment screw next to one of the back feet. I don't have the manual handy but the state to try to turn the screw 1 click and test. Don't know if it is left or right. I will try to find the manual.

took it to local store, they checked it out and all looks fine. They even told me that they took it to their pool and it their walls. I find it hard to believe that they took it to their pool, but I will continue with that. Still, my navigator continues to go in circles. I make it a point to leave the hoses straightened out every day after it's done to ensure they dont kink.
any other possible suggestions?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.