portable hot tub cover

ric

Apr 27, 2007
Ohio
Hi everybody
I have done a lot of reading on this subject. my tub is about 6 years old and the cover is now water logged. I see this happens to about everyone. My vinyl on the top is in good shape but replacing just the foam seems to cost as much as a new cover. These covers seem to be all the same and the only other different design(spa cap covers) has such bad review with the consumers and the BBB that i think in my case there product is out of the question. My question is to long time hot tub owners that have had to replace there covers is there really a good cover out there that will last through the snow loads of the north and the steam from the inside of the tub. I believe the consumers are just stuck in this area but if anybody has had a good experience in this area I would like to here about what you are using and why.
Thanks to all
Ric W.

Just bought a new cover for spa from "the cover guy" from the internet. After 3 months starting to mildew and the company says sorry not our problem. Beware on who you buy from. Never had this problem with last cover. :evil:

Thanks everyone for your answers to my questions. I have started using a spa blanket to keep the steam off the cover and it does a good job except if the wind is blowing it is a PIA. As far as the cover goes it is so water logged it turns to a big block of ice now. My spa is a tiger river and it is made by Watkins. They use a channel in the sides of the cover for the cover lift to work. All the covers on the Internet don't install these channels on the sides. I would have to buy a new lift to use these covers and that would bring the cost up. I also read a lot of warranty's and it seems you would have to ship your cover back at your expense if you had problems they would decide. My thoughts "what good is the warranty" So I will probably be ordering the over priced one from Watkins. Thanks to all for your thoughts
Ric W.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.