Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: portable hot tub cover

1. Back To Top    #1

portable hot tub cover

Hi everybody
    I have done a lot of reading on this subject. my tub is about 6 years old and the cover is now water logged. I see this happens to about everyone. My vinyl on the top is in good shape but replacing just the foam seems to cost as much as a new cover. These covers seem to be all the same and the only other different design(spa cap covers) has such bad review with the consumers and the BBB that i think in my case there product is out of the question. My question is to long time hot tub owners that have had to replace there covers is there really a good cover out there that will last through the snow loads of the north and the steam from the inside of the tub. I believe the consumers are just stuck in this area but if anybody has had a good experience in this area I would like to here about what you are using and why.
    Thanks to all
    Ric W.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

You may want to check into the Walk-On cover from Prestige Spa Covers. They have several online dealers that you can buy from. This cover is reinforced for weight issues. It's pricey but it also doesn't crack easily. Their website is at www.prestigespacovers.com.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3
    Just bought a new cover for spa from "the cover guy" from the internet. After 3 months starting to mildew and the company says sorry not our problem. Beware on who you buy from. Never had this problem with last cover.
    Mike
    20,000 gallon in-ground gunite with attached spa
    Pentair Cartridge Filter
    3/4 hp Sta-Rite Pump
    2 hp Whisperflo Spa Pump
    Ray-Vac cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4
    I purchased one from Spa Depot last fall. I added all the energy saver options. Fits perfectly! No problems at all.
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks everyone for your answers to my questions. I have started using a spa blanket to keep the steam off the cover and it does a good job except if the wind is blowing it is a PIA. As far as the cover goes it is so water logged it turns to a big block of ice now. My spa is a tiger river and it is made by Watkins. They use a channel in the sides of the cover for the cover lift to work. All the covers on the Internet don't install these channels on the sides. I would have to buy a new lift to use these covers and that would bring the cost up. I also read a lot of warranty's and it seems you would have to ship your cover back at your expense if you had problems they would decide. My thoughts "what good is the warranty" So I will probably be ordering the over priced one from Watkins. Thanks to all for your thoughts
    Ric W.
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

How much does Watkins sell their cover for (if you don't mind me asking)?
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps