Oval install chrono pictures (2006 - present)

NWMNMom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 8, 2007
Waaay NW MN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Edit - Moved by Divnkd101 05/11/2007 to Pool and Spa Build and Repair

April 20 2006 - the cul de sac in our woods where the pool will go
22.jpg

DH at work with the tractor scraping and leveling
23.jpg

May 11 2006 Plate compactor has been at work - looks level! Concrete edgers on next
24.jpg

4" patio blocks leveled under outside portion of upright channels
25.jpg

Bottom rail and pressure plates with leveled blocks under each patio base
26.jpg

May 18 2006 Wall up, masons sand going in via loader bucket
27.jpg

Vapor liner duct taped to wall, cove built up the side, sand getting smoothed
28.jpg

May 20 2006 Liner going in
29.jpg

Filling - oops! Don't shock well water with rust in it before using sequestering agent or you get "chocolate"
30.jpg

May 25 2006 Solar racks up and ready for panels
31.jpg

Solar reel setup
32.jpg

June 1 2006 Family fun - great clear water
33.jpg

April 2007 Deck just beginning
34.jpg

May 9 2007 Deck done, and steps are in!
35.jpg

May 10 2007 All the landscaping is done - I'm happy!
36.jpg

May 10 2007 (this one's for Sean who wanted to see some of my feathered kids) This is Ray's favorite view from inside
37.jpg

We have 4 parrots, Ray is the largest of them and the baby of the bunch. Travel cages and carriers are brought out for them to join us poolside as they get pretty jealous seeing everyone outside having fun without them.

I'll see if I can get some closer - what do you want to see? Its pretty simple actually, just a standard plan for a 10x16 with 4' of extension out around the curves which we just measured out and drew onto the standard rectangle shaped deck plans that you do on those machines at the building center like Menards or Lowes (so the center point on the end of the pool to the back of the deck is 10', the sides are 14') There are 10 dek blocks underneath with 4x4 posts into them and 2x4 crisscross bracing. The flooring is composite, the rails are all treated (we saved a lot that way) The rails will be painted or stained next year after they dry completely. The entire deck, including stainless steel screws, sales taxes and all cost just under $1,600.

BTW, we lucked out on pool building because the only thing we had to rent was the plate compactor - all the tractors and trucks we used for hauling, dumping and grading belong to us as we farm and we own a gravel pit. Some Class 5 and Mason's sand had to be purchased because we don't have those kinds of pits, but a lot of the other fill underneath and stuff on top and the sides afterward came from our pits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.