please help me

Jun 4, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I have crystal clear pool water, so I can see all of the stuff accumulated on the bottom. It is fine powdery stuff that I cant pick up with my hands. I took out my filter and cleaned it very well then I vacuumed. The stuff I am taking off the pool bottom is shooting straight back into the pool. Now my water is milky. Should I have someone unscrew the drain plug in my filter casing while I vacuum as fast as I can and let the water go into the yard???? I am at my wits end.

Vacuuming to waste is one way to take care of it.

It is possible for there to be dust so fine it will go straight through the filter, but it is also possible that there is something wrong with your filter that is letting the water go through without getting filtered. I would take the cartridge out and examine it closely for tears.

We had that same problem and we had a cartridge filter too (size 150) on 20,000 gallons. I thought possibly it was recurring dead algae that wasn't being filtered or vacuumed for some reason. Clarifiers didn't work either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.