Aqua Rite Plus - SWG not programmed - 0 chlorine

maggiem

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2008
Oh all knowing and wise ones here at TFP - how I love you! I am hoping for a bit of assistance here with the SWG. We had 800 pounds of salt added on Wed (20th July) and so far, no chlorine in pool!

AquaPlus (Goldline/Hayward) with a TurboCell 15

The reading is 2700 ppm on the control panel and I believe this is about the minimum level. Just added another 80 pounds of salt to hopefully help.

As of now, the SWG has not been programmed and someone is suppose to come out to do this and show us how it works. Fiddling with it a bit, I set the Chlorinate function to 75% when it was at 50%. I would love to go to "super chlorinate" however am a bit afraid to really dig in and mess with it.

How badly can I mess this up if I go into the Setup and Configuration menu and start to play with the Chlorinate settings? I have the manual and it is pretty straightforward. If I can't break it, then I don't see any reason not to try and get this thing generating chlorine. I don't want to wait for another week for PB to come out and program it and go through adding the pucks again. CYA level is reading about 30-40 right now so I don't think burnoff is that big of an issue (or is it?)

P.S. Love the salt strips that came with the TF-100 and I am faithfully testing every other day during these 45 days of start up to ensure the best possible outcome for the plaster.

Many thanks again!

CYA should be between 70 and 80 for use with a SWG. Having CYA around 30-40 makes a huge difference and is part of the problem.

You should also add chlorine manually to maintain an appropriate FC level if the SWG isn't keeping up. The SWG is not always sufficient to raise FC up from zero, and will do much better if you give it some manual assistance to get started.

There isn't much programming to do, mostly just setting the percentage of the time that the cell comes on, which you have already talked about doing. The only other settings are english or metric units, and the cell type setting (which I would assume is already setup correctly). Pressing the diagnostic button and noting the various numbers it cycles through (explained briefly in the manual) can be helpful, but if you find it at all intimidating there is no reason to go there.

Thank you ever soo much for riding to the rescue JasonLion :whoot: . I just came back from trying to run the chlorine test with the powder and reagents (from the TF-100) added the powder but the water didn't even turn pink - Yikes! All the settings at the panel appear to be proper with Chlorinate enabled etc..

When the guys added the salt, they dumped in 4 pounds of CYA so I was trying to wait & see on adding more. Is 72 hours sufficient or should I go out and add another 4 pounds? Scared of overdoing the CYA for sure! Should I shock it to add the Chlorine or just dump in some bleach or 2 pucks to the 2 skimmers? Plaster is now 23 days old...

Thanks again!

Keep putting enough bleach in the pool to keep the chlorine level up until you get the SWG up and running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.