cover questions...

Jun 25, 2011
I'm in need of some direction regarding the type of cover that would work best for my situation...

I have 2 goals for the cover...

First, to keep out the desert that blows in daily (South Texas Brush Country... there is A LOT!); and

Second, to try to reduce evaporation. Due to our extreme heat and endless scorching sun, I end up having to add water pretty frequently. This wouldn't be so bad except that I have worked very hard to get my numbers in line (thanks so much to the help from this site!), but our fill water is so high in alkalinity that it messes things up whenever I add.

The requirements for the chosen cover are:

It must stay on despite the high winds that are the norm here. The cover that came with the pool was a JOKE in the wind. There was NO way to keep that thing on.

Getting it on and off must be manageable for me and one of my teenage daughters.

So... any and all suggestions would be much appreciated!

That's actually a tall order for a cover. If you wanted one that would stay on and cut down the evaporation and be easy to don and doff that would be easy. A silver colored solar blanket would do all that, but it would let the dirt in the pool when trying to take the cover off.
If you get a winter cover it'll take care of everything except it being easy to don and doff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.