Hello from Garland, TX!!

Jul 22, 2011
Hello all! Name is Brian (34), Firewall Engineer by day (and a lot of nights :-/), and a smoker of all things MEAT related, for fun... :D

Current setup:

18' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame
Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter
Intex Salt System

Was having some serious issues with cloudiness and chlorine levels, and even warrantied one of the SWG's for no reason. I bit the bullet and got the sand setup and no longer have any issues whatsoever! It's AWESOME! I still have to run my SWG almost 12hrs a day to combat the sun and heat here in Texas, but at least I have respectable chlorine levels again and a crystal clear pool overnight (seriously). I have since added a homemade pool fountain (video below) to cool the pool, which has been amazing! I DO have a question about some of the intex mods that I viewed on here, mostly on the "thru wall skimmer". Is anyone worried about leaks during the off season? Wall integrity issues as well? I really want to do this, but am really nervous about having a useless pool next year if it doesn't "hold up". In any event thank you for having me, and I look forward to being a contributor here as well!

[youtube:35w6sstt]xWwRwd3BhcI[/youtube:35w6sstt]