Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Garland, TX!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Garland, TX!!

Hello all! Name is Brian (34), Firewall Engineer by day (and a lot of nights :-/), and a smoker of all things MEAT related, for fun...

Current setup:

18' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter
    Intex Salt System

Was having some serious issues with cloudiness and chlorine levels, and even warrantied one of the SWG's for no reason. I bit the bullet and got the sand setup and no longer have any issues whatsoever! It's AWESOME! I still have to run my SWG almost 12hrs a day to combat the sun and heat here in Texas, but at least I have respectable chlorine levels again and a crystal clear pool overnight (seriously). I have since added a homemade pool fountain (video below) to cool the pool, which has been amazing! I DO have a question about some of the intex mods that I viewed on here, mostly on the "thru wall skimmer". Is anyone worried about leaks during the off season? Wall integrity issues as well? I really want to do this, but am really nervous about having a useless pool next year if it doesn't "hold up". In any event thank you for having me, and I look forward to being a contributor here as well!

27' Round Sharkline Venture 17K Gallon AGP
    Pentair SD80 26" Sand Filter
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5HP Dual Speed Pump
    45MPHP10 Stenner Pump
    Aquabot Pool Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Hello from Garland, TX!!

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Nice pool cooler
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Tecumseh, OK

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

Flower Mound, TX

Welcome to TFP!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

6. Back To Top    #6

Hey Brian! Welcome! I'm working on tower myself, IGP. Not getting the air I want though? Metroplex is smoking need to cool it down!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE 2x2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,