Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: *NEWBIE* Looking for help on liners and where to buy!!

1. Back To Top    #1

*NEWBIE* Looking for help on liners and where to buy!!

Hello, I was looking if someone could give me a hand in picking the type of liner and help me in where to buy my supplies at. My local retailers are priced reasonable for here, but I'm also looking online.

I live in New Brunswick, Canada, so I would have to have my liner winter ready in the fall, I will check into the process a little later in the year.

I bought my pool second hand and I am almost set on the J Hook (unibead) liner as it seems the easiest to set up, and I will have a deck around the pool. My pool is an aboveground SOLEX 24' round that is 52" high. I was initially thinking about converting to salt water chlorinators, but one thing at a time, maybe next year.

My local retailers have TRIAC liners that they are pretty set in selling. I also see that there are SWIMLINE liners available online. Which are better liners, both say they are 20 mil liners and virgin vinyl?

Finally, the online retailers I was looking at are (all dot coms) POOLSUPPLIESCANADA, International Pools and Spas, NORTHWEST WHOLESALE, BACKYARDPOOLSUPERSTORE. Has anyone had good reviews or a better place to buy?

Thanks for the time, just a new person here to the pool game.
    24' Round Above Ground, Metal by SOLEX
    Heat Pump, Focus Temp INSTAMAHK 80
    Hayward S-180T Sand Filter
    Hayward Ultra Pro LX Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW MO

Re: *NEWBIE* Looking for help on liners and where to buy!!

If your still looking this has a lot of info about setting up used agp's and sources.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sault Ontario

Re: *NEWBIE* Looking for help on liners and where to buy!!

I've heard good things about Northwest Wholesale, I came very close to buying my AGP from them, only reason I didn't was because I found a bit of an odd ball sized pool elsewhere and it fit my yard better. They also seem to have good prices on a lot of things.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list