Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First reliable test

1. Back To Top    #1

First reliable test

I messed up my first test I did back on the 19th, it was getting dark and the results were not right. But the ph test was easy and it was over 8 and I hadn't put any cya into the pool so it was 0. Anyway I added stabilizer/conditioner and dry acid to get the ph down. I took a test tonight and took my time, here are the results.
    FC 8
    CC .5
    TC 8.5
    ph 7.2
    T/A 110
    CH 270
    CYA 40
    The water is crystal clear and feels smooth when swimming, going by the test what is my next step?
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First reliable test

Enjoy!

Swim some more.

TA will probably come down a little and pH will rise a little with aeration, ie swimming and splashing

Chlorine will come down naturally so you'll need to replenish that in a day or so.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

What about the cya Richard, did I test to early or maybe I didn't add enough to the pool?
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

See how it works out 1st. The Intex SWG seems to be able to maintain FC just fine at slightly lower CYA levels. If you find your FC dropping day after day, you can increase it to 60-70 in a few days.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

I'll let it go for awhile and see how the levels change, thanks guys.

6. Back To Top    #6

I missed the SWG part. Oops. Fortunately, dman already got it covered.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!