new onwer of both pool TF-100 test results..YIKES!

test results are in!

using my TF100 kit:
FC- 11.5
CC-0
TA- 70
CH-40
CYA-20+ filled it up and could still see the DOT

i mistakenly poured the whole gallon of bleach in the pool and got my reading a little high... :hammer:

i started this spring with a 2FT high left over water with the bottom of the pool green as could be. the pool is now filled up but very cloudy (MOST of the green is gone) and the pump has been running for 2 days with no sign of clearing up. this is my 2nd year of using the BBB method and i thought i ha d a grasp on it but i don't. the pool was not up until early august so i really did not get much time to learn the ways of BBB.
now im sort of confused and don't know where to start?

im assuming i should be getting some conditioner to raise my CYA? the pool chart says i need 36oz. of stabilizer to raise it to 40.
im using 13500 gallons for the chart.
should i be doing anything else to help clear it?

EDIT***
looking in the pool school section, im just over where i need to be for shocking the pool ( under the chlorine/CYA levels). so i am assuming im OK with current FC levels?

{Had to track this down as it got moved while I wrote the response :)}

What is the pH? Needs to be testes with FC < 10ppm. First make sure that is in the lower 7s. Then ...
Get the CYA up to around 30ppm.
Follow the shock process.
Clean the filter when ever the pressure goes up 25% of the clean pressure.

If you can still see the black dot then your CYA is written down as zero. If you haven't added any CYA in the last few days, then yes you should get some stabilizer/CYA and raise it to around 30 for now, and more later after the water is clear.

LOL, i got confused myself...i did not realize my threads got merged at first...sorry i did not post on the old thread, i searched and found it but decided to make a new one instead.

yes, i can still see the black DOT. once again i will get 5lbs. of stabilizer at walmart. i am not sure how i missed my PH reading? i must have skipped that test? i will do it tomorrow morning and report back...

thanks again and sorry for the new thread!

overnight FC loss test results:
last night test: FC 10
this morning: FC 10

proud to be, algae free!!!
thanks everyone SO much for helping and all the knowledge on this site!
the algae bloom was a tough fight using lots of bleach but after many nights of brushing and scrubbing its clear as could be. well, besides the dandelion seeds floating on the surface. i will gladly contribute as soon as my daughters play set is built. i figure its the least i can do is help the site out....next up is the borax. even with the FC level at 10 no chlorine smell is present, at 6 it should be amazing in the pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.