Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: salt water gen.?

1. Back To Top    #1

salt water gen.?

I am getting fc readings consistently of 2ppm with cc-0. My cya is around 65-70. My fc is not dropping but why is it so low? It is running at 100% and my salt level is at optimum.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: salt water gen.?

Try performing the overnight fc loss test to rule out organics.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Been 2ppm for couple weeks now. Doesn't go down.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Ethany

How many hours per day are you running the pump?
    Which zodiac cell do you own? 25k, 35k or the 45K?

PSG
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by ethany
    Been 2ppm for couple weeks now. Doesn't go down.
    I know... you stated that in the initial post Turn the SWG off in the evening, measure FC and the remeasure FC before the sun comes up. If you lose less than 1ppm overnight you can rule out organics.

In the mean time you should raise your FC to 3-4ppm using liquid chlorine.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

Ethany

After you rule out organics with the Overnight Free chlorine loss test, then here are some other things to test.

Be sure the salt cell is clean. If you see calcium build up inside the cell, then clean per the manufacturers instructions.
    If you are running the pump 24/7 with a 25K cell, then you may need to supplement the Zodiac with some liquid chlorine (regular 6% bleach).
    1 gallon in a 20,000 gal pool should increase the FC from 2 to 5 and the Zodiac should be able to maintain that level unless you have a heavy bathing load.

PSG
    poolschoolgrad

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.