Results & Questions

Jul 5, 2011
Seneca, IL
Okay, so after getting my pump issues resolved, I decided to forgo my strips results (yes, I know, I know) and take the water to get tested at the pool supply store. My water isn't cloudy but it is starting to get hazy and it has been driving me nuts.

My results, according to the pool store were:

FC = 2.8
TC = 3.0
CC = 0.2
pH = So high that it didn't register on their tester (but it has to be over 8.2)
Hardness = 290
Alkalinity (w/ stabilizer corrction) = 197
CYA = 10
Copper = 0
Iron = 0

So, they recommended the Muriatic Acid to add to bring the pH down and stabilizer to bring up the CYA.

While I was there, they had the Taylor K2000 test kit. It's not the k2600 I know, but I wanted something for now.

I did add the acid, and it appeared that my pH has dropped to 7.4 (yay).
They recommended adding the stabilizer to the pool via sock and placing it inside the skimmer basket. But my question is this...how?

I have an Intex Easy Set 18 x 48 pool. I have the skimmer basket attachment but if I add it there, will it "clog up" the suction? Can I attach it next to the skimmer basket?

I did add the acid and so far so good, it came down. And wow, the acid is so much cheaper than the PH- stuff. I went into the pool store on the defense, but they were quite pleasant and didn't even try to sell me a bunch of stuff either.

One more quick question though, I have a decent amount (not terrible, but enough to make me cringe) of fine dirt / sand on the bottom of the pool. I am really good about getting the leaves that get to the bottom of it, but what about the dirt. I do have a broom for the pool, but if I brush it all around will it be enough to send it to the top and get filtered or just get it out of my pool. I have the vacuum that came with the pool, but I am a tad bit reluctant with using it.

Well, I guess I'll try that out then. With as much struggle and such we have had alone with the pump, it will just be something else to learn from! Next year I convinced the hubby to get the bigger ultra frame pool, and I have wowed him (thanks to everyone's help) on this pool thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.