snow flakes in the pool

Aug 17, 2009
I went on vacation for a couple of weeks and a friend agreed to test the pool and balance (especially acid since we have a salt pool). I got back and tested the water at PH 8. I added acid and balanced. Went swimming three days later and found snow flakes in the pool.

Current reading
FC 4
TA 80
PH 7.4
CA 525 (i know we have well water at 375)
CYA 75
Salt 3500
pool temp 86

Will the flakes go away and is there any major damage that has been done?

still frustrated with white flakes

As stated in a previous post i went away from a couple week and a friend forgot to put much acid in the pool. I got some snow flakes in the pool. I then reduced my PH and am holding at 7.2-7.3. The flakes continue.

Current read

chlorine- 5.0
PH- 7.2
CA- 725 (its high)
TA- 60
CYA- 75

Even with the high CA it should be balanced. Do I need to do a drain and refill to lower the Calcium.

If you keep CSI more negative, calcium won't build up on the cell plates so much and you will stop getting calcium flakes in the pool. Depending on why your CH level is so high, and how practical it is to do something to lower it, there may or may not be a practical way to make that happen.

Ok. New problem. I have been able to keep the snow flakes in control but the pool water is really bad on the eyes. The worst red eyes that I have seen.

FC- 4.0
TA-80
PH- 7.3
CA-735
CYA- 70

The well water makes it nearly impossible to maintain a decent CA level. Keeping the pool negative seems to be real bad on the "pool eyes"

Any suggestions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.