New Liner suggestions

westc

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2011
Abilene, KS
My pool needs a new liner this fall; current one has been in since '99. Is there anything in particular I need to look for or anything I need to stay away in a liner and installer? What suggestions does everyone have?

#1 the experience of the installers!!!! (this is NOT the same as how long the company has been in business! - a company can have been in business for 20+ years and have a crew that's only been installing liners for a year)

You want to get at least a 20 mil liner (*caveat* some places sell 20 "gauge" liners that are much thinner!

Watch out for the 'hidden charges' - liner padding (wall foam) should be in the contract as well as floor patching - all floors need a little patching before redropping a liner, make sure your contract says how much it will cost and that you have to approve any work done!

Whoever is replacing the liner should drain the pool, fully measure it and then order the liner, while measuring they ought be able to give you a decent idea of how much 'extra' work will be involved.

Please make sure that they warranty their work for a year - if you get it installed in the fall, you might not use it until next spring - be sure they will come back out and reset the liner if there is a problem you can only notice while using the pool - and make them pay for water and start-up chems :wink:

I've done this a few hundred times, feel free to call upon me if you have any questions :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.