What happend to the home page???

G

its smaller and you cant see who is logged on or posts since last visit. What else should we look out for by way of changes??

is there still away to do this and i just dont know how??

........ I musta' missed something! :oops: What's going on?....what's up with the homepage?........ looked just fine last night! :( JohnT, snow removal, too funny, :shock: Are these changes or just booboos? Sean?

Thanks, Joyce

If you remember, I had the snow flake animation on the home page this past month. I removed the snow yesterday and in doing so, somehow changed the configuration of the homepage. Unfortunately, I did not do a proper back-up first and can not easily correct the problem.

While I'm aware that people have grown accustomed to using certain links of the homepage, it is really only meant to be an introduction to the site. The announcements and poll were default features of that portal (home) page and people rarely read the announcements anyway. So, I'm trying to decide what to do.

I'm looking at 3 options:

1. Leave the page as is. Despite the loss of a few links, which are also found on the index page (log in and scroll to the bottom of the index page and all that information is still readily available). I kind of like the less cluttered look myself; although I know opinions vary.

2. Restore the homepage to it's prior layout - first I'll have to figure out what was inadvertently removed. :oops:

3. Have a new, custom homepage designed that better fits the needs and desired look of the site.

I'm leaning towards option 3, but it will be about a week or so before I can really get around to making a decision and up to a couple of weeks before any changes are made.

Sean

SeanB said:
If you remember, I had the snow flake animation on the home page this past month. I removed the snow yesterday and in doing so, somehow changed the configuration of the homepage. Unfortunately, I did not do a proper back-up first and can not easily correct the problem.

While I'm aware that people have grown accustomed to using certain links of the homepage, it is really only meant to be an introduction to the site. The announcements and poll were default features of that portal (home) page and people rarely read the announcements anyway. So, I'm trying to decide what to do.

I'm looking at 3 options:

1. Leave the page as is. Despite the loss of a few links, which are also found on the index page (log in and scroll to the bottom of the index page and all that information is still readily available). I kind of like the less cluttered look myself; although I know opinions vary.

2. Restore the homepage to it's prior layout - first I'll have to figure out what was inadvertently removed. :oops:

3. Have a new, custom homepage designed that better fits the needs and desired look of the site.

I'm leaning towards option 3, but it will be about a week or so before I can really get around to making a decision and up to a couple of weeks before any changes are made.

Sean

Ok so the snow was the reason.

I did not notice the links at the top and bottom. Thanks for pointing that out. i do like the less cluttered look. but think its missing something every time i come, thats all. :fro: :pirat: :punkrock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.