Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What happend to the home page???

1. Back To Top    #1

What happend to the home page???

its smaller and you cant see who is logged on or posts since last visit. What else should we look out for by way of changes??

is there still away to do this and i just dont know how??

2. Back To Top    #2
    It was damaged during snow removal operations, but I'm not naming names.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    ........ I musta' missed something! What's going on?....what's up with the homepage?........ looked just fine last night! JohnT, snow removal, too funny, Are these changes or just booboos? Sean?

Thanks, Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    If you remember, I had the snow flake animation on the home page this past month. I removed the snow yesterday and in doing so, somehow changed the configuration of the homepage. Unfortunately, I did not do a proper back-up first and can not easily correct the problem.

While I'm aware that people have grown accustomed to using certain links of the homepage, it is really only meant to be an introduction to the site. The announcements and poll were default features of that portal (home) page and people rarely read the announcements anyway. So, I'm trying to decide what to do.

I'm looking at 3 options:

1. Leave the page as is. Despite the loss of a few links, which are also found on the index page (log in and scroll to the bottom of the index page and all that information is still readily available). I kind of like the less cluttered look myself; although I know opinions vary.

2. Restore the homepage to it's prior layout - first I'll have to figure out what was inadvertently removed.

3. Have a new, custom homepage designed that better fits the needs and desired look of the site.

I'm leaning towards option 3, but it will be about a week or so before I can really get around to making a decision and up to a couple of weeks before any changes are made.

Sean
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    If you remember, I had the snow flake animation on the home page this past month. I removed the snow yesterday and in doing so, somehow changed the configuration of the homepage. Unfortunately, I did not do a proper back-up first and can not easily correct the problem.

While I'm aware that people have grown accustomed to using certain links of the homepage, it is really only meant to be an introduction to the site. The announcements and poll were default features of that portal (home) page and people rarely read the announcements anyway. So, I'm trying to decide what to do.

I'm looking at 3 options:

1. Leave the page as is. Despite the loss of a few links, which are also found on the index page (log in and scroll to the bottom of the index page and all that information is still readily available). I kind of like the less cluttered look myself; although I know opinions vary.

2. Restore the homepage to it's prior layout - first I'll have to figure out what was inadvertently removed.

3. Have a new, custom homepage designed that better fits the needs and desired look of the site.

I'm leaning towards option 3, but it will be about a week or so before I can really get around to making a decision and up to a couple of weeks before any changes are made.

Sean
    Ok so the snow was the reason.

I did not notice the links at the top and bottom. Thanks for pointing that out. i do like the less cluttered look. but think its missing something every time i come, thats all.

6. Back To Top    #6

Anyone peek at the source for these pages?

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...lefreepool.com
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

7. Back To Top    #7
    I for one liked the posts since last visit. you always knew what was going on with out looking at every single thread.

ALL THOSE IN FAVOR SAY AYE!!!
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

8. Back To Top    #8
    That feature is still available - at the top right corner of the index page. As always, you must be logged in first.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

9. Back To Top    #9
    O.K I didn't know that, and that will work just fine for me!!

This still is the best site for pools by far!!
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

10. Back To Top    #10
    SeanB, Thanks for taking the time to explain the 'snow removal' situation and for all your hard work. Have fun deciding on what to do with the home page! This is the best site!

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

That feature is still available - at the top right corner of the index page
    Or set your bookmark to http://www.troublefreepool.com/search.p ... d=newposts

12. Back To Top    #12
    The home page has been resotred!
    TFP Founder

13. Back To Top    #13
    The home page has been resotred!
    You must have been posting while I was posting my praise.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits