15' x 4' above-ground going up. Fun fun.

We put river rock around our pool, helps keep it neat and tidy and it was inexpensive.

before
ddd82996.jpg

After
42e228a9.jpg

The red rock was added this year.
c75c95d1.jpg

Great job, during my planning stage I did a lot of trolling thru this forum looking for any thread with pictures - any pictures!!
Just wanted to see as many AGP pools as possible to see what others did around them for landscaping, try to find something you like so you can emulate.

Does your pump not have a pot strainer? Usually pool pumps have a pot strainer w/ basket to catch the large debris before it can get stuck in the impeller. Your skimmer basket will do this as well, but sometimes stuff gets past the skimmer.

Very nice, beautiful indeed.

Just curious, was the red rock expensive in NJ?

It can be scooped off the ground east of the Cascades around here, and the extinct volcano in the city here is littered with it... did you have to ship it in?

I ask because I'm not aware of many locations in the US where the red lava rock is abundant. Not every volcano produces it (Crater Lake/Mt. Mazuma for example, grey pumice. 3 Sisters however, red rock. The explosion type depicts the result). It's cheap and commonly used around here, but not so pleasant to walk on barefoot (although one can get used to it). Fabulous for weeds... if they seed, they they pull right easily :~}

carterj92 said:
Dave88LX said:
Oh. It's not the pool that is crooked. It's my yard. ;) Now to figure out WTH to do around it.
have you thought about building a small deck around it?
Thought about it/I do want one. We would get a lot more use out of it that way probably vs. a ladder. Too much going on right now, wife wants to move (thanks for telling me that after I put up the pool! LOL). Also, plan on only keeping this a couple years, then upgrading to larger if we use it enough. I don't think I would be able to recoup the money of a deck.

zea3 said:
Does your pump not have a pot strainer? Usually pool pumps have a pot strainer w/ basket to catch the large debris before it can get stuck in the impeller. Your skimmer basket will do this as well, but sometimes stuff gets past the skimmer.
Nope it does, why do you ask?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.