Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: de in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Arlington, TX

de in pool

I just replaced my Polaris booster pump supply line (flexible reinforced hose. When I disconnected the old hose from the tee off if the return pipe, a fair amount of de-cloudy water flowed into the filter pump. I set the backwash valve to CLOSED to stop that and also to stop water from dripping OT of the filter through the booster pump tee. After replacing the hose, I accidentally set the backwash valve to BACKWASH instead of FILTER. Then I turned on the filter pump and it ran for 10 seconds before I realized I was backwashing. I set the backwash valve to FILTER and primed/ started the filter pump. Now my pool is cloudy with de. Should I just run the filter pump until the pool is clear? Should I add a oil more de? There is no way of telling how much I lost into the blue collapsible waste hose.
    27,000 Plaster IG Pool
    DE Filter, 48 sq ft
    Pentair WhisperFlo two speed 1 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

St. Paul, MN

Re: de in pool

I've accidently spilled a little DE in my pool while adding it to the skimmer. With the filter running, it cleared up quickly - within 24 hours.

I would add an extra scoop of DE to make up for what went into the pool, although in theory everything that went into the pool will get recollected by the filter.
    20'x40' Oval 27,000 gallon Vinyl IG, Coverstar Auto Cover
    1HP Sta-Rite Pump, 30 sq. ft. Sta-Rite DE filter
    Rheem 266,000 btu natural gas heater
    Polaris 280 w/ 3/4HP Booster Pump
    TF-100 testkit w/ Speed Stir