Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is My Liner Installed Right

1. Back To Top    #1

Is My Liner Installed Right

Hello Quick question concerning the installation of an inground vinyl liner. Should the seams where the wall and floor join on the liner match up with where the wall and the floor of the pool meet up

Our liner matches good on the floor/wall of one side of the pool but the other is WAY off.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue.
    20 x 40 Double Roman Cardinal Inground Vinyl Liner With steel Walls, Saltwater, Hayward Light, 1.5 HP pump,Sand Filter, Jandy booster pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is My Liner Installed Right

Do you have any pics? Its always good to see what you mean.

thanks

Tom
    1) 16X32 IG Vinyl 18,200
    2) Hayward 120 Sq.ft. cartridge
    2) Hayward Super Pump 1.5HP
    3) AquaRite Salt Water, Turbo Cell

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like either the measurements were a little off or the installers missed lining it up perfectly. If it's smooth and no wrinkles I wouldn't worry about it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the replies I tried to add pix but my file size is too large. when I figure out how to make it smaller I will post them
    20 x 40 Double Roman Cardinal Inground Vinyl Liner With steel Walls, Saltwater, Hayward Light, 1.5 HP pump,Sand Filter, Jandy booster pump

5. Back To Top    #5

I just built my pool and I know my measurements are perfect, yet one wall seam in the shallow end lies slightly above the floor and then on the other side the seam is slightly on the floor. The seams were perfectly in the joints while the vacuum was on while the pool was filling. It was only when the pool was done and we were in it that I noticed the difference. I don't know what happened but I thought that, since it is a "lazy-L" that when the deep end filled, it put slightly more tension of one side so that when the shallow end filled it kind of migrated that way. There are no wrinkles or other issues so I'm not too worried about it.
    25k gal Lazy-L, vinyl liner, poly walls, swimout spa, diving board, TurboTwister slide.
    Hayward 2HP 2-spd pump, Pentair 2HP spa pump, Hayward 30" 500lb sand filter.
    Goldline Pro Logic PS-8 automation/SWG. 2 LED ColorLogic 4.0. 8 Jandy deck jets. MX-8 cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks MajorDIYer. We do have one or two wrinkle at the wall/floor in the deep end radius' that bother us . On the side where the floor/wall seam is off the waterline on the tile decoration is off too making it very noticeable. It has to be the liner because the water level around the pool is within 1/4 of an inch . Sooooooo frustrating