Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ID this item found at bottom of pool

1. Back To Top    #1

ID this item found at bottom of pool

I inspect my pool every day and found this at the bottom. Just vacuumed 2 days ago and did not notice it, but can't say for sure if it was not there or not. Pool is screened in, so this had to be brought in, not flung by a lawnmower, droped by a bird, etc.

I've checked all the pool toys the kids play with, the manual vacuum, brush, the patio furniture, and the pump / filter system. Nothing else enters the pool area. Looks like some kind of clip.

Its about 1/2" square. Can anyone ID this? TIA.[attachment=0:1w06y3hq]100_4017.jpg[/attachment:1w06y3hq]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ID this item found at bottom of pool

Looks like part of an adjusting mechanism on goggles or a mask maybe?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

That looks like a glass retainer clip. See this web page.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page ... 7AodAjZbRw
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

4. Back To Top    #4

Is it made from hard plastic or rubber?
    15ft round above ground pool (6600 gallons)
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

5. Back To Top    #5

Its made of hard plastic. The only thing out there with glass is the table and the clips on it are of a completely different style. Not from a mask, at least not any of ours. Last time someone other than my kids were in was a week ago and I can't believe I missed it that long. But next time he is here I will check.
    Solar heat

6. Back To Top    #6

Still looks like a glass retainer clip to me. I am not sure how old your kids are, but my youngest son picks up anything he find remotely interesting and puts it in his pockets. I find all sorts of stuff in his pants and swims suits pockets. Especially when we go to the river to float.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

7. Back To Top    #7

It looks like it may be the non-skid part that is on the bottom of those plastic chairs.
    12,800 gallon IG plaster kidney-shaped pool, waterslide, 800 gallon spa.
    1HP 2 speed Sta-Rite pool pump, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite spa jet pump. 2 skimmers, 1 main drain
    Purex-Triton TR-60 325 lb.sand filter. 2" Plumbing, Intex SWCG, TF-100 test kit.
    Link to pics of my pool! http://www.troublefreepool.com/my-oasis-t26558.html

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by guamguy
    It looks like it may be the non-skid part that is on the bottom of those plastic chairs.
    I agree, I added some inexpensive plastic chairs from the local home center last year. I found something very similar, and it took weeks before I figured out that it came from the bottom of those chairs.

9. Back To Top    #9

Maybe a clip from the screen enclosure?

10. Back To Top    #10

Not from the furniture or the screen enclosure. I've checked everything. Oh well, just another one of those things that drives me crazy other than the wife.
    Solar heat

11. Back To Top    #11

Odd. Seems to be a piece of a longer strip of teeth like that. Make sure it's not part of your vacuum.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

12. Back To Top    #12

Sorry looks like a piece of clear plastic to me.
    Steve Frakes
    15' X 48'' Intex Metal Frame
    Intex Sand Filter 16'' 2650 GPH
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit
    BBB and Borated

13. Back To Top    #13

I gotta say it looks like a piece off of a toy.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)