Zero amps and zero instant salinity reading

Feb 25, 2010
Sacramento, CA
For the past two days I have noticed something with my SWG. It seems to be working fine in the late morning. It is generating, I see the bubbles coming from the return and the panel says it is generating. However, when I come home in the afternoon, it still says it is generating on the panel but there are no bubbles coming from the return. And then when I go into the diagnostics both the amps and instant salinity say zero. What does this mean? Thanks for any info.

Normal operation for the Aquarite system
The generating light will stay on even when the system is in "time out" mode based on the output percentage.
The output percentage is based on time not voltage or amps.
For example
If we run the pump for 10 hours per day with the output set to 80%, then the unit is actually generating chlorine at a fixed production rate for only 8 of those 10 hours. If we look at the diagnostics menu during the 2 hours that the unit is in "time out" then the amps will be 0 and the instant salinity will read 0. No need to worry about the instant salinity, simply verify the average salinity weekly. This is the number that is constantly displayed on the LCD. 3200 is the ideal salinity for these particular units.

PGS

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.