Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Pro Logic not auto-filtering in spillover mode

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Pro Logic not auto-filtering in spillover mode

Hi! First post. Be kind

I have a Hayward Pro Logic PL-PS-8 system. Spa with spillover to the pool. One pump (dual speed Hayward NorthStar SP4015x202. Two auto valves which turn fine (one on supply, one on return).

My issue is that when I cycle my Pro Logic to Spillover mode, the system will turn off the filter pump, rotate the valves, but will not turn the filter pump back on. There is a "35 second delay", but no filter pump (I must manually push the FILTER button on the panel). The pool is set up as "Pool and Spa - Std" if that helps. Valves will always work properly. Filter pump will always work if I use the manual override.

Please help in fixing this. I've checked the Config menu on the Pro Logic, but it "looks" correct. I'm obviously missing something, as I would think the system would be smart enough to kick on the filter pump after the proper timeout.
    17K saltwater, freeform pebbletec with spa; Hayward cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar 2.4HP 2-speed pump, Hayward H400 heater. Hayward T-CELL-15 salt cell.

2. Back To Top    #2

Hayward Pro Logic not auto-filtering in spillover mode

I solved my own problem! I contacted Hayward directly. Simply put, I had no times in the timers. I set my "Filter H1" timer to be on (12:15a - 12:00a) and it works beautifully. Apparently Hayward tech support must get this question a lot, as the tech told me the answer before I finished explaining the problem!
    17K saltwater, freeform pebbletec with spa; Hayward cartridge filter, Hayward Northstar 2.4HP 2-speed pump, Hayward H400 heater. Hayward T-CELL-15 salt cell.