First test results!

Bridgetgirl said:
It's beautiful!!!! :cheers:

I even called my daughter to look at it ( she's twelve ). It's so sparkly & pretty & blue! :-D

You know when I started this a few days ago my water was green & you couldn't see the bottom. I went & bought 16 128 oz jugs of bleach ( I still have two unopened ), a gal. of muriatic acid, & stabilizer, a 4lb container. I spent about 45.00 total on that stuff & my pool is beautiful. I've been spending hundreds at the pool place all summer every time I went in, that's what prompted me to go online. I'm sooo glad I found you guys. :whoot:
We're glad you found us, too! Yeah, what Bama said about the cost.

You will be amazed and happy with the total outcome, promise :)

Just tested. 2:35pm. Last test 10:30am.

FC 7.5
CC .5
TC 8
pH 7.5
TA 180

So it's raining here now. I ran out & got water sample just when it started thundering & the sky turned black. :(

Should I wait 30 min to retest the pH & then if it tests the same, try to bring it down more to 7.4, or should I test in 30 min & if it's the same 7.5, go ahead with shock process & not worry about pH until after I'm done shocking? :?

And does the rain lower or raise your pH?

I read about the OCLT test. I will be doing that tonight. Latest test readings, at 7:40pm.I only tested the chlorine.

FC 10.5
CC .5
TC 11

At 2:35pm today I added 87 oz of bleach per calculator instructions to bring to shock level. I'm waiting for almost dark and will commence the OCLT test. Will post results in the morning. :-D

This site & all the help from all of you is AWESOME! :wave: Thanks so much!

Yay!!! Guess what? I think I passed the OCLT! Here are the test results. :whoot:

Last night at 10:00 pm
FC 9.5
CC .5
TC 10

This morning at 6:30 am
FC 9
CC .5
TC 9.5

Yay! Yay! Yay! :party:

I would have already posted pics, but I don't know how. :x I sat here trying to figure it out before, but to no avail. I'm on an iPad, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. At the bottom of the page where you can select choose file, next to file name, it's grayed out & I can't select it. I was going to post before & after pics. :?

Can't wait to hear back! :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will definitely try that. :-D

So now what? Do I let the FC drop to 3.7 & then keep it there? I read in Basic Pool Care Schedule that the chlorine needs to be tested & adjusted everyday, what if we're going out of town for the week-end or things just get crazy :hammer: & I miss a day?

Also I just went ahead & checked the pH & TA. They are

pH between 7.5 & 7.8
TA 200

Are those levels good, or should they be adjusted? I know in recommended levels that is good for the pH, but for the TA it says, as you know, 70-90+. I'm definitely +. :wink:

Yes, let your FC drop into range.

What is the CYA #? You stay in the range for your CYA. Go to the PoolCalculator.com and add your test results. Set up the Suggested Goal Levels at bottom of calc.

You will see a range for FC, based on your CYA. Stay in the range, but never drop below the bottom of the range :wink:

Test FC and dose the pool each night to the high end of the range. The next night, test and dose again.
You should not fall below the minimum FC for your CYA level. You may adjust this a little higher or lower, depending on the FC demand.
It won't take long for you to figure how your pool rolls with the FC :cool:

For weekends away, I just bring my pool to shock level, pump/filter for an hour and shut it down.
I do have to clean out some debris on return, but no problem with my water.
You can google "vacation", bottom left on page, and get lots of ideas.

pH and TA. Your TA is high, but no worries. Every time the pH reaches 7.8, use muriatic acid and lower it back to 7.2.
Then over time, TA will come down.

I haven't checked the CYA levels. It hasn't been a week since I added the stabilizer and I didn't think it would show up.

We never cut my pump off. Is that ok? Should we cut it off? :?

So is my pool open for swimming? :party:

Can you believe, it's thundering here & about to pour down rain. :rant:

I still haven't brushed down my pool or vacuumed it yet because of the rain. I did brush the ladder some, as best as I could from outside the pool & in between rains.

I'm ready for sunny days & I'm ready to swim!!!!!! :mrgreen:

You can put your pump back on timer/manual as long as your water is clear! :)

You are open for swimming. You can swim up to shock levels. That rain is going to help to bring down your FC level. Wish we would get some rain here, no rain in sight at all, haven't had any in forever!

About the CYA level, just use the amount that you calculated you added to the pool. Sorry I don't have time to go back and check.

Your pool is open for business if the FC has dropped below shock level :)

You can cut back on your pump run time. Maybe try 12 hrs/day and adjust from there.

dadburn storms :rant:

RobbieH said:

You are open for swimming. You can swim up to shock levels. That rain is going to help to bring down your FC level. Wish we would get some rain here, no rain in sight at all, haven't had any in forever!

RobbieH, I will definitely get a timer. Wish I could send you some rain! Would if I could. :-D

Butterfly, thanks for all the help! It's been a joy working with you! :cheers:

I'm going to try to post pics! :mrgreen:

Bridgetgirl said:
RobbieH said:

RobbieH, I will definitely get a timer. Wish I could send you some rain! Would if I could. :-D

Butterfly, thanks for all the help! It's been a joy working with you! :cheers:

I'm going to try to post pics! :mrgreen:
It's been a joy working with you, too :-D

It is so very nice when folks come here for help and are willing to follow some instructions that allow us to help them. :goodjob:

You have been a good student, grasshopper, and soon you will teach :wink:

Joyce :lovetfp:

It's so nice to see yet another successful report showing how well what TFP teaches works. Whoohoo!

Sorry about the rain, but yano... you can swim in the rain too. Wet is... wet. I assume it's a sort of warm rain? lol

Looking forward to the images. There's nothing more convincing and encouraging to new members than the before and after images people post here along with their account of the battle.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.