Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salesman told me SWG voids warranty ...true ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Salesman told me SWG voids warranty ...true ?

I like the idea of having a SWG as it appears to be less maintenance. I was speaking with a rep from Naamco pools and he told me all SWG's void a pools warranty if there is any damage. This sounds like BS to me. Naamco has what appears to be a great price on a 24' AGPl. Has anyone dealt with them ?
    21' All Steel AGP with Resin caps, Heyward S244T Sand Filter, Heyward 1HP 2 speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salesman told me SWG voids warranty ...true ?

Sounds like BS to me too! What does damage mean? Call the pool company directly.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

3. Back To Top    #3

I think it's because Namco doesn't sell salt systems.
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward EC-50 DE Filter, Rome/Solarium 105k Heat Pump, Aquabot Rover Jr - Deceased - looking to replace it

4. Back To Top    #4

Unfortunately that's a common clause in pool warranties. Call the mfg to confirm.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I call BS Not on the warranty part, but warranties are worthless after a few years anyhow as the are prorated. I have a 3yr old Namco pool and has been on a SWG since new. Keep the chemistry in check with a TF100 and salt test strips and you'll be fine
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator