Help deciding on size

Robl

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2011
CT
I'm looking at initally a 15x30. The 18x33 is $400 more (upcharge for pool size and installation). Is it worth it?
Next year I will be adding a deck all the way around so that will be extra too.
I have 3 kids (8,6 and 4) so I'm sure they'd like the extra space.

Thanks.

I just found in the town next to me a Kayak 16x32x54 with decking and fencing. It's 2 years old and the same price as what I'd be paying for a new one installed without the deck. Might go look at it. Having the deck already there would be nice. No idea what it would cost to move take it down, move it and set it up so that might end up being the same.

I'm looking at Namco's Oasis II 15x30 or 18x33 if that makes any difference to anyone. Seems to be the best resin pool for the price. Not getting their other equipment as it seems the Hayward is better.

I differ, smaller is better and a whole lot cheaper to maintain :goodjob: All my friends wish they had a smaller pool and in fact two of them are in the process in making their pool smaller and shallower. It depends how you are going to use it. I do not like a pool that I can not physically walk without water coming over the top of my head :whoot: but everyone has their preference. A pool is a very large investment so make sure you will be able to use it the way you like 95% of the time. Just my 0.02 :cheers: :cheers:

Robl said:
I just found in the town next to me a Kayak 16x32x54 with decking and fencing. It's 2 years old and the same price as what I'd be paying for a new one installed without the deck. Might go look at it. Having the deck already there would be nice. No idea what it would cost to move take it down, move it and set it up so that might end up being the same.

I'm looking at Namco's Oasis II 15x30 or 18x33 if that makes any difference to anyone. Seems to be the best resin pool for the price. Not getting their other equipment as it seems the Hayward is better.

Remember most likely you will have to replace the liner, after 2 years it may not be reusable.
Also, with the number of pools on CL lately, you should be able to talk the person down on $

I don't always think bigger is better. In your case it probably is though. :goodjob: We bought a 15x24, it seemed plenty big enough and we were somewhat restricted due to our yard size, existing deck and township codes. Due to an error the pool store made we were given a free upgrade to a 15x30. It just fit to code and looked huge in the yard when it was installed. Now that we've backfilled, added a patio and stone it looks so nice and we are so happy we have the bigger size. The kids have plenty of space, my kids are small though, 18 months and 4 years. I'm sure when they are 4 and 8 we'll want the splashing even farther on the other side. LOL. On the flip side my empty nester parents have a 35k gallon in ground and are always jealous of how easy and inexpensive my pool is to care for compared to theirs.

Definitely get the bigger one. That $400 will be a small hit now but you will love it in the long run. That extra 2ft of width makes all the difference in the world. We just got an 18x38 this year and love it. We were used to swimming at a relative's house who has a 16X32 and ours feels HUGE in comparison. It allows room for people who like to hang on the side and we can still have a great volleyball game going.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the help and opinions. Looking at the yard and with adding a deck on the 18x33 may look too big. I'm going to stake it out and see. Expense wise the 15x30 is probably the better choice. I'd like to get some kind of heating option (solar or heat pump) so that's less to heat too.

What about depth? I was looking at a 52" but I see they also have the 54" for about the same price. Smaller top resin rail but that's fine with me since the deck will be right next to the edge. Namco Oasis vs. the Creation. I know kids are small now. Is the extra 2" noticeable?
Oasis http://store.namcopoolstore.com/oaov52po.html
Creation: http://store.namcopoolstore.com/crovpo.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.