new b this can't b this hard

Jul 21, 2011
ok im a well user i filled up pool which is a intex metal frame it has about 4000gal(not totaly full ) with cheep filter it came with... shocked it .. it turned brown spent 8 days with towel around filter & towel in front of return to catch iron cleaned & replaced mant times daily tested with strips it was a bit high on ph, little cholorine, added clorx bleach again brown, someone said put iron out in it dumb me i put it in but it cleared up a bit then check # again no chlorine reseached iron out... takes chlorine out duh ! so got a little smarter took to leslies pool supplies
fc 0
tac 0
ph 8.5
ta 140
cya 0
calcium
hardness 0
copper/iron 0
help me!! now what do i do? i would rather use the bbb method i am not given up herlp me

First lower your pH to about 7.2, add the sequesterant, and then follow the directions in the link posted by linen for Temporary/Seasonal Pools.
Dichlor will add CYA and chlorine at the same time.

Post back in this thread with any questions.

Use PoolCalculator.com to figure your doses.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks guys I will start there I have read so many different things on here my head is so full of good info I am having a hard time keeping thing straight sorry please be patient with me... as the cya these are the results the pool store gave me I was suprised it said no iron to because i know better, i will start with these sugestion thanks so much will post back

Okay, good. When you get a moment, add your pool and equipment specs to your sig.

Go to User Control Panel (upper left under TFP logo), select Profile, then Edit Sig.

We know this can seem a little overwhelming at the beginning, but you'll soon be an old pro :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.