Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new b this can't b this hard

1. Back To Top    #1

new b this can't b this hard

ok im a well user i filled up pool which is a intex metal frame it has about 4000gal(not totaly full ) with cheep filter it came with... shocked it .. it turned brown spent 8 days with towel around filter & towel in front of return to catch iron cleaned & replaced mant times daily tested with strips it was a bit high on ph, little cholorine, added clorx bleach again brown, someone said put iron out in it dumb me i put it in but it cleared up a bit then check # again no chlorine reseached iron out... takes chlorine out duh ! so got a little smarter took to leslies pool supplies
    fc 0
    tac 0
    ph 8.5
    ta 140
    cya 0
    calcium
    hardness 0
    copper/iron 0
    help me!! now what do i do? i would rather use the bbb method i am not given up herlp me

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new b this can't b this hard

You need to read pool school and particularly this: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ary_pool_guide. Pay attention to "Further Recommendations" section where it mentions the need of a good test kit!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

yes i need to get better filter & test kit but fund low right now will get better ones next week sorry calcium hardness was 170 not 0 i live in oklahoma i

4. Back To Top    #4

You need a sequestrant, you just picked the wrong one. We recommend the ones based on HEDP or Phosphonic acid. Here's the article in Pool School about metals. Maybe it will help.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

CYA at zero (id accurate) is why you can not maintain chlorine
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

First lower your pH to about 7.2, add the sequesterant, and then follow the directions in the link posted by linen for Temporary/Seasonal Pools.
    Dichlor will add CYA and chlorine at the same time.

Post back in this thread with any questions.

Use PoolCalculator.com to figure your doses.

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks guys I will start there I have read so many different things on here my head is so full of good info I am having a hard time keeping thing straight sorry please be patient with me... as the cya these are the results the pool store gave me I was suprised it said no iron to because i know better, i will start with these sugestion thanks so much will post back

8. Back To Top    #8

Okay, good. When you get a moment, add your pool and equipment specs to your sig.

Go to User Control Panel (upper left under TFP logo), select Profile, then Edit Sig.

We know this can seem a little overwhelming at the beginning, but you'll soon be an old pro
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!