Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In Pool Stairs for Intex 16'

1. Back To Top    #1

In Pool Stairs for Intex 16'

I have finally had enough with the ladder that came with this pool. I am not young and not thin, this thing is deterring me from using the pool.

Craigslist has wedding steps for AG pool. I can't tell if they would be total overkill. They were formerly in a 24x3' pool, so they should be ok? Or would it take up most of my pool? Do these sit and protect algea?

The other option is Main Access ladder from my local pool store for $199. I just cringe at spending more money.

Which way would you go? I'll even add pictures if it makes you happy.

[attachment=0:2zz1v3ka]steps.png[/attachment:2zz1v3ka]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Coast Spa Fitness Wellness Infinity Spa since June 2017. 5200 Gallons, Chlorine. Previous Intex owner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In Pool Stairs for Intex 16'

We have wedding cake steps (from craigslist) and they are great, especially for young/short kids and "beginning" swimmers to hang out on. Our pool is 21' round, 4' walls. I do not like the $199 style you show...only one person at a time can sit on them. It will make your pool feel a bit smaller. How much are they asking?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply.
    $75. so they don't invite algea dens?
    Coast Spa Fitness Wellness Infinity Spa since June 2017. 5200 Gallons, Chlorine. Previous Intex owner.

4. Back To Top    #4

75 is a good price, if in good shape. Ours are weighted down, but can be moved off the wall if needed and the back is open. We have had no algae problems with them and have been using since beginning of June.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.